Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Ames Cleaners -- retro archetecture and great service


The Ames family started their cleaning business in Hampton in 1961.  From the beginning, it was known by locals for it's quality of service.  Ames was so successful that within 20 years they had expanded to two locations and a tuxedo rental.  I have been unable to find more information about the shop's history, and my message to the owners was not immediately returned.


Recently, I took my winter coat to the Mercury location be cleaned.  I found the service to still be exceptional and the employees to be very helpful.  The cost was reasonable and turnaround was very quick.  I was impressed and would recommend them to an employer.  Great place with cool retro look.

Ames Cleaners
554 E. Mercury Blvd
Hampton, VA 23663
(757) 722-4301
Monday-Friday 7 AM - 6 PM
Saturday 8 AM - 5 PM

Ames Cleaners*
900 LaSalle Ave
Hampton, VA 23669
(757) 723-3331
Monday-Friday 7 AM - 6 PM
Saturday 8 AM - 5 PM

Ames Tuxedos**
10 Town Centre Way
Hampton, VA
(757) 825-3335
Monday-Friday 8 AM - 8 PM
Saturday 9 AM - 5 PM

*I would avoid this location.  I didn't feel comfortable in this area alone.

**I rented a tux from them about 10 years ago.  They had great service and products then, but I don't know anyone who has used them lately.

No comments: