Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Krispy Kreme - Hot and Now (and then too!)



Krispy Kreme Doughnuts opened its doors on Mercury Blvd. in 1964, 27 years after the opening of the first Krispy Kreme in Winston-Salem, North Carolina.  The store was designed to produce on premises all the doughnuts for the local grocery stores as well as the general public.  My research did not give me much history on this particular store sadly, but I do know that the building has gone through a number of remodels over the years, including replacement of the original sign and taking out the bar style counter that filled the interior of the store and replacing it with conventional seating.  On a recent visit, I picked up an assortment of doughnuts for my family.  As luck would have it the "Hot and Now" sign was on and I got to enjoy the sweet smell of doughnuts as I entered.  The store was clean, the service prompt, including fresh glazed doughnuts straight off the machine in the back.   I really enjoyed my visit and plan to return soon.  You can't go wrong with Krispy Kreme.


Krispy Kreme Doughuts
3400 W. Mercury Blvd.
Hampton, VA 23666

Hours:
Sunday-Thursday 5:30am-10:30pm
Friday-Saturday 5:30am-11:30pm

Website:
http://krispykreme.com/

No comments: