Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Modernlux... A Mid Mod Amazing Store


As you could guess if you read my "about me" section of the site, I like Mid-Century Modern... No, I love Mid-Century Modern. I love the clean lines and simple forms. While it is making a comeback, there aren't many stores that specialize in the middle of the century in this area. Lucky for me we have Modernlux.

Modernlux opened on Queen's Way in Downtown Hampton in 2009. It is small store tucked down an alley, but very well done inside. Gary McIntyre, owner and operator of Modernlux came to Hampton to help a friend open a new restaurant in 2007.  It was then that he fell in love with the city. "I like the potential & integrity of the community," McIntyre says, "All it needs is a breath of fresh air." Gary has talked often about his love for mid-century modern growing up in Virginia Beach and he has a great eye for the style. Modernlux isn't a traditional antique store. It's Facebook page states that it's "Hamptons most unique shop. Specializing in Mid-Century artifacts, Outsider Art & Vintage fashions." It's the type of store that really doesn't have a definition. While the vintage vibe is there, the art and one of a kind objects make Modernlux a unique stoping destination. It has great atmosphere, reasonable prices and is a true treasure in Hampton. I highly recommend a visit.

Modernlux
47 Queen's Way
Hampton, VA 23669
(757) 434-2215
Monday & Tuesday: Closed
Wednesday-Saturday: Noon-5 PM
Sunday: Noon- 4 PM
Email: shopmodernlux@yahoo.com

No comments: