Friday, December 9, 2011

Pop's Drive In... HOT DOG!



Pop's Drive-In in Yorktown has been standing on the corner of Denbigh Blvd. and George Washington Memorial Highway since the 1950s (even Pop's isn't sure the exact year).  The business has gone through several owners, but is currently owned and operated by Joe and Ruth Allen who bought the restaurant in 1978.  The building is modest and a little small, but the diner style food is quite a treat. On my recent visit, I got the meal pictured below: a large tea, hot dog, and onion rings for $5.77.  I found the quality of the food to be good and enjoyed the atmosphere of the dining area.  I have been told that they have a breakfast "that is out of this world," by a good friend, but this blogger hasn't had a chance to try it himself yet.  The only drawback to Pop's is that they are a cash only business, so check your wallet before you come.



Pop's Drive-In
6555 George Washington Memorial Highway
Grafton, VA 23692
(757) 898-6870
Hours:
Monday-Saturday 5am-8pm (Breakfast 5am-11am)
Closed Sundays

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hear they have great hot dogs but I have never eaten there. Probably because A. Great hot dogs aren't hard to do B. There is always Hot dog King on Jefferson and 3. I could just go to the Hot Dog House on Merc. What other things besides good dogs does Pops's offer?

Sean

Will said...

Other than the breakfast, I hear they have good burgers. This time was about my third time ever going, but I plan on going back.